When we got to San Marco, we thought it would be fun to take a water taxi just to get out on the water and get a different perspective of the city. Well, considering how things generally go for us, we shouldn't have been so surprised when the boat arrived at a stop and we were told we had to get off and take a bus. Assuming that the bus would take us to the next stop (and hoping we'd be able to get back on the boat), we squished onto the already crowded bus. Since we hadn't seen cars yet in Venice, we really weren't sure where we were...the bus finally pulled into a bus depot. We were very glad to cross the nearby bridge and see the train station!
As we came into the plaza in front of the train station, we figured it was time for lunch, and since we hadn't had seafood yet, we thought it would be a great idea to track down a nice restaurant for lunch. We were happy to find a restaurant right near the train station with a fixed price menu...three courses and two with seafood! Why not, right? Lunch was great, and then we set off to explore a bit more. About two hours later, my head started to itch like crazy...and then my back...and then my belly...by the time we got back to the hostel the itching was unbearable! I figured I'd hop in the shower real quick, only to discover that I had hives!!!
So yes, there's certainly never a dull moment with us...
Ciao for now!
3 comments:
Oh Caitlin! :( I'm sorry you got hives, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.
I am thankful you are with such Godly friends that are willing to take care of you! My prayer list is getting long with all your "adventures"...but I am grateful that God hears even my smallest request.
Stay safe...stay away from seafood and have fun.
Love ya
Mom
Oh dear! Take that seriously! I found out the hard way 3 years ago that you can develop food allergies at any time in your life. I had eaten seafood my whole life until I had a major reaction on Christmas Eve 2006. It was very scary and a trip to an allergist revealed that I'm now deathly allergic to all shellfish! Don't you dare eat anymore seafood until you get it checked out!
Post a Comment