Friday, April 17, 2009

A step up from the refrigerator door

Last night was the undergraduate student exhibition here at Temple Rome. All of the students enrolled in art classes have the opportunity to display some of their work in the exhibition, which meant that I got to display one of my photos from my Digital Imaging class! It was a totally different experience because I'm truly not an artsy person and have never been able to display work in that type of a setting. (It's definitely not like bringing your work home for mom to post on the fridge door, haha.)


Our Digital Imaging class had an entire wall that we got to fill...because there were so many of us though between the two sections we could only display one print.


Here I am next to my print! This was one of the shots I took on our trip to Venice...when we arrived at 5:30am. Hm, maybe I should start shooting at ridiculous hours of the day more often!


And true to our style, mine and Amanda's prints ended up on display right next to each other! It was definitely exciting for us. :)


In the classroom upstairs they were showing a slideshow of selected photos from the digital imaging classes in Rome, Tokyo, and Philly. Much to my surprise, one of my photos from class was picked for the show! I was pretty excited, though very shocked, haha.

It was nice to have a few friends there to see our work, and I was absolutely stunned by the other work that was there...I loved seeing what some of my friends have been up to all semester! It was just amazing to see how much talent the students here at Temple Rome have, and it's unbelievable how unique each piece of art was. Definitely a wonderful way to finish the last day of classes!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A step up! Whaddya mean? Nothing says love like hanging your pix on the refrigerator at home. All great artists/photographers start on mom's refrigerator!!!

Can't wait til yours hangs there too!!!

Cait said...

Of course I love having my pictures hanging on the fridge! That's the best place to hang them...and trust me, my pics will hang on the fridge...I have 5, so we can rotate them. :)