Every Sunday since we've been here in Rome, there has either been a school function or we've been travelling...making it impossible to get to church. So since we were finally in Rome all weekend, Carey, Amanda, and I decided to check out an international church that a friend at school had told us about. I was so excited about finally getting back to church. It's amazing how quickly a month goes by before you realize you haven't gone to church. Since service doesn't start until 3:30, we went to the market at Porta Portese in the morning to get soccer jerseys for the game next weekend. After going back to the apartments to clean up, we set out to find the church. Luckily, we had no problems getting there...we were even early. However, the church is just hosted in other churches, and the location had moved, but we weren't sure to where. So church was a no-go.
It was a beautiful afternoon though, and none of us wanted to go right back to the apartment. We decided to find a spot in a nearby piazza to do some devotionals together. So this is where we had church on Sunday:



Haha, not quite what we had pictured for the day. But it was a clear reminder that we can meet God anywhere. Yes, going to church is so important (I'm going to email the church to find out where it is so we can go this weekend), but when you're so far away from home and not quite sure where church went, all is not lost. We had such a refreshing time just reading some Scripture and sharing our hearts with one another. It is such a blessing to know that my God is so big that he can be wherever I am!!!
Ciao for now!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you have a good Christian friend to share those moments with! I hope you do find a good church. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience in itself!
Post a Comment