Our luggage arrived!!! :) By the time I returned to the Residence after our morning orientation meeting my bag was at the porter's desk waiting for me. I didn't realize how much was missing until I opened the bag: toothbrush, facewash, shampoo, shoes, medication, steamer, extra school supplies....you know, all those little things that you think you don't need until you go to use it. But anyways, it's here, and I'm finally all unpacked and settled.
Also, the internet at the Residence is finally working. So tonight when I get back to the apartment I should be able to post some pictures. Yay! I also finally have an adapter for the computer...someone was finally able to tell me how the voltage worked and what we actually need converters for.
My friends and I are also becoming more comfortable interacting with the Italians to make purchases and just live daily life. It's quite a task, but it gets a little bit easier with each encounter. But more about that to follow...
Ciao for now!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
4 comments:
Yeah for washing your hair...Yeah for brushing your teeth...Yeah for shoes. Glad your luggage finally made it. It would have been terrible if you didn't have your flip flops!
Can't wait to see your pictures.
Lovin' you lots!
Mom
yaaay! you made it and all your stuff is there! glad to here that you are settled...but we still need pictures ;) love ya!
I'm so glad you're getting settled!! It must have been a crazy few days for you!! How are you doing with jetlag and all that? Are you able to sleep at the right times?
I also can't wait to see pictures. :)
Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys are having fun. i need your guy's address since i have things to send to you both. (and mandy hasn't gotten around to giving it to me)
~D
Post a Comment