Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tomorrow's the day!

Pants. Skirts. Lots of shirts. Shoes. Books. Shampoo. Makeup. Toothpaste. Computer. Four months of life...in two suitcases and a backpack!

I don't know how I managed it, but I am finally all packed and ready to go! The past few weeks have been quite a flurry of trying to finish paperwork and making sure I have everything I need for the next few months. And then the challenge of limiting myself to two suitcases...yikes! Of course, the hardest part was picking which pairs of shoes (and only one pair of flip-flops!!!) would come with me. ;) Haha, but seriously, it's nice to know that everything is finally all set to go. I had taken pictures of the mess of packing, but now that I have a chance to sit and blog, I've realized that my camera cord is packed somewhere in my bags...and I am not about to dig it out right now. But there will definitely be pictures accompanying my next entry...from Rome!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Cailtin - you're going to Rome. ROME!! I'm so proud of you that you wanted this and then made it happen. I can't wait to hear all of your stories (through e-mail and this blog since international calls are EXPENSIVE!).

Judy said...

Yikes!! Two suitcases? How on earth did you do it! Can you bring more home b/c you know you're going to buy stuff there? I hope so! Have a great trip! Update as soon as you can! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Jessica said...

Hi Caitlin! Just found your blog and I'm looking forward to hearing all your updates! Hey, and I look forward to sharing a similar time zone when I visit Israel for a week at the end February. : )