Now that I have working, fast internet and a way to charge my computer and upload pictures, I'm gonna go blogging crazy! (And there's just so much to catch up on!)
I figured everyone is probably wondering what our apartment looks like. It's a cozy little place in the Residence Medaglie d'Oro, just up the street from Piazzale degli Eroi (a small plaza-type area with a fountain) and about a 30-minute walk from campus. The apartment is relatively small, but still a bit larger than we had anticipated. There are two bedrooms with two twin beds in each, a full bathroom, and living area that includes a small kitchen, a table, and living room type area.

Residence Medaglie d'Oro - our building

Living area - this is (sort of) from our front door (the doors to the left go into the room Amanda and I share)

Our tiny kitchen (from our bedroom doors)

Our bedroom (and no, it's not always messy...this was just before we unpacked and settled in)

Our bathroom (10 points to the person who can find the toilet handle!) And to the very observant, yes, the shower head is in the middle of the tub. And you can't see it here, but to the right of the toilet is what we think is a foot bath, but it almost looks like a second toilet. We're not sure.

And the best part...the view from our window. This is what we get to wake up to each morning! The left panel is actually a door to our balcony. :)
Ciao for now!
11 comments:
Cute apartment! Thanks for the pictures. Is the button above the toilet how you flush?
Great view too! You should take a picture from your balcony so we can really see the beautiful view.
Love ya
-Mom
Could'nt help but notice the bottle of wine in the pictures. :p haha. Hope youre having fun over there! talk to ya soon.
Ok so if that were my view every morning i'd never come home.
~D
Cute apartment! Will you have to walk to the campus everyday? That sounds like a long walk if the weather isn't nice, but it looks like a beautiful area.
I definitely don't mean to be annoying with the blogging advice but when you post pictures make sure you look at what size you're posting them. I think you're posting them in the small size right now and everyone would probably like it if you chose to post them in the large size. Then we can see detail in the picture without having to click on each picture. So the next time you upload a picture to a post change the upload size to large (while you're uploading look in the right hand side of the box) and also choose the option to "use this layout every time." Then all your pictures will post as the large size and you won't have to mess with it each time :)
P.S...the foot bath that looks like a toilet is probably a bidet!
I didn't want you to wash your feet in it all semester and then find out.
- Someone who loves ya lots
Is the toilet flusher on the wall? Why the heck is it up there? Heck of an apartment Cait! Got room for a third person, I'm already packed, just say the word... ; )
Hope you're having fun!
ok i love the new layout! how is everything going? give mandy a huge hug for me please.
HA HA HA!! Foot bath. You're so cute! :) Don't wash your feet there. It's not for that at all. :)
Cute apartment. I want to be there! Right now! :) I'm gonna LOVE reading your blog every day!
Haha, I know...you all think it's a bidet. But, after closer inspection, I need to report it is not a bidet. The way the water comes out definitely makes it not one...it's still weird though. Thanks for everyone's concern though! Hahaha...
love the place and definitely the view from your window that you wake up too! very beautiful :) glad that you get to post and keep us all updated on life from beautiful Rome.
can't wait to hear of more shopping adventures!!
I wanna come visit you!!
Post a Comment